Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Out of the Dark, by Gegg Hurwitz. 4th Book in the Orphan X Series

2018 was a good year for me finding new series to read and I found two great series.  The first was the Eddie Flynn series by Steve Cavanaugh and the second was the Orphan X series by Gregg Hurwitz.  Out of the Dark is the fourth book in the Orphan X series and it is one of the best books of the spy thriller genre I've read in a long time.  The one thing I like about it is that Evan Smoak, also Orphan X and The Nowhere Man is he is human, well more human when compared to Scot Harvath or Mitch Rapp.

Out of the Dark starts out, well go to where I blogged about the first two chapters here.

Orphan is has been trying to retire from his assassination gig for years but his past comes back to haunt him.  He tries to do his 'mea culpa repentance' by being the Nowhere Man, a man that sometimes resorts to violence to protect somebody that can't take care of themselves when violence occurs. He is also a man of rules.  Rules that have been drilled in his head since he was twelve.  So this time when his past comes back to haunt him, in the form of the President of the United States he breaks one of his rules and takes on his Nowhere Man personification at the same time as he becomes Orphan X.  As Smoak bounces between the two and between the east and west coast, his job gets more dangerous, and one of those jobs is to kill the President.

I love this book.  I want to give it a 10 rating but I don't like handing them out so I'm going to give this a 9.  If you like books like this, then start with the origin book, Orphan X.  It'll hook ya.



Out of the Dark by Gregg Hurwitz
Orhan X series book 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment