Sunday, March 31, 2019

ElectronPlayer on Linux / Ubuntu 18.10

I got a wild hair to check the Ubuntu Software Installer to see if there was a Netflix play that I could install and watch Netflix without using chrome and I found a program called ElectronPlayer.  It list Netflix, YouTube, Twitch, and Floatplane.  All I can tell you is that so far it is a full function Netflix player that played the Highwaymen perfectly, with subtitles.  No Hulu support, which for me would have made it better but It's nice to have the player. YouTube needs no introduction, Twitch probably doesn't need an introduction if you watch gaming videos, and Floatplane is pay for view.  Floatplane had three categories and one of them was Linux videos from what I could tell and I don't want to pay for those.

As for The Highwaymen, it is a good movie on Netflix starring Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson about a couple of dis-banded Texas Rangers hired as Highwaymen to find and Kill Bonnie and Clyde.  It's a good movie with lots of familiar faces.  It's well worth the watch.  

As far as ElectronPlayer goes, so far the program is worth the price (free).

Thanks to Oscar Beaumont of Australia, a teenager with a good head on his shoulder that belongs to the Linux community.


4 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for the kind words. I would love to add Hulu support in the future but without an account myself I can't get it working. A contributor to the project tried to add it but they were having DRM problems. Also the "Notify me" checkbox for your comments system isn't working for me. - Oscar Beaumont

    ReplyDelete
  2. . . .and thanks for doing what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks a lot for sharing, this really helped in my workboss linux desktop

    ReplyDelete