Saturday, December 29, 2018

So now I think I'll blog . . .

A new year so I'll start blogging.

2019 is coming so I'm going to start putting my reading interest to pen and paper, or at least to pixels.  Probably because I've come across BookLikes and also because I've been on Goodreads for a few years. My first book for the New Year is John Scalzi's Old Man's War.  Even though I'll finish it before the start of 2019 it's the first in a series I'll read in 2019.

My habit of grading books only gives 5 stars to a book that will really stay with me a long time.  Some of these are popular books and some could be self-published books.  So expect a lot of 3 and 4 stars for what most people will give 5 stars to. But I don't like the 1/2 stars that people tend to throw in and 5 stars just doesn't do a book justice. So I'm going to use a 1 thru 10 rating system. No stars, just numbers.

"Reading is joy and joy is reading. As words, there is no meaning. Without meaning there is nothing. No Love, no life, nothing. To read is everything. It is the first page, the first breathe and the beginning of an adventure to last lifetimes."

To close my first post I want to wish everybody a very Happy New Year!

Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment