Saturday, April 20, 2019

CBD Creams, Part 2, 420 Day

Today is 4/20 and that means it's 420 Day, the international day to celebrate cannabis by lighting up.  Things have changed since the 1st 420 Day, supposedly back in the '70s.  Cannabis can now be used to control pain, anxiety, and other maladies with its natural healing ingredients.  With my psoriatic arthritis, I stay in constant pain which has changed me from an active lifestyle to sitting and reading books.  I've read a little about the benefits of pot and most say if you want to get the most out of the healing powers of cannabis you need both THC and cannabidiol, the two cannabinoids found in pot. Since because of my job I can't have THC in my system I tried the cannabidiol, which has no THC in it, or that's what is said.

I've used a cannabidiol cream for 21 days now and there is relief found from my pains.  I got a jar of 44 grams of a product from CBD Clinic, Professional Series, Level 5 Pro Sport Deep Muscle & Joint Pain Relief.  That's what it says on the cap anyway.  Whatever it is, it works.  It's not immediate but it doesn't take long for me to start getting relief.  I use it when I get home from work and it gets me through the 4 or 5 hours of pain that I have before bedtime.  I don't know how much it cost because my wife paid for it but I either takes the pain away or dulls my pain to make it bearable.  The jar is hot huge but I just barely dab my finger in it and rub on the affected area and repeat until I get the area covered and rubbed in.  After 3 weeks I have what looks to be maybe 2/3 of the jar left.  It has that menthol smell which I didn't like to start with but now I look forward to it.  It's on a torn muscle as I type this out and I'm not in any pain.  When I finish with this post I'll put some on my fingers, wrists, and bones on the back of my hand for the pain I'm getting from just typing this post.

As for the CBD Clinic, I'll probably stick with them if I find a Coachella Valley source.  Their website has a search feature so I'll give them a try.  CBD Clinic looks like they go for professional's like chiropractors or physical therapists, I haven't really looked much at their client targets and probably won't.  

The negative thing about this exciting new (?) pain relief is that it is unregulated and can differ from the quality and the amount of Cannabidiol in the product.  CBD Clinic offers different strengths, probably for different uses.  I might even try the oil too as an added pain reliever.  One thing I don't understand is the bottle shows the active ingredients as Camphor and Menthol and you have to go to the website to find out how much CBD is in their product, which is that in 1 gram of cream there is 1000 mg of CBD and it is 99.11% pure (?).  

CBD is not controlled and doesn't have industry standards so until it is controlled we can't really compare product to product.  When I speak compared, I would like to see cooperation between companies setting up their standards and leave the government out.  Shared cooperation would be cheaper for the end user than having companies pay to have their product constantly certified but the government.  I know every company sends their product out to be analyzed to meet their own quality standards but the consumers d need protection in knowing they are getting a quality product.

I want to thank CBD Clinic for my pain relief.  I've only used CBD Clinic with this being the first product I ever used with CBD.  This is unsolicited and just my experience with CBD.  As always, I ramble but like I said earlier, not every product is for the same use, and not every product is the same quality.  Part 3 will follow in just a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment