Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Today is the Day

It's funny how people, like me, put out and share some personal information that nobody really cares about.  Yet we do it all the time, even with pictures.  So here's some sharing.

Today is a big day in the LQLarry household.  We are having a new patio door retrofitted in to replace the one that wore out and then I broke the outside pane.  The tracks are flattened and even if I had been successful in replacing the rollers I don't think we would have been happy.  We are also replacing a single pane garden window in our kitchen, which my wife sets her pretties in.  The three problems with it are single pane so the heat comes right through it, it is too deep and my wife is so short she can't put anything in the window, so I have to do that, and lastly the crank goes through a hole purposely made in the screen so bugs come in if we open the window.  We live in a desert where it is uncommon to be 100 degrees at 11:00 PM and both these windows are west facing, catching the most sun and heat.  The new windows are Title 24 and very energy efficient for today, anyway.

Another big thing about today is that it's my son's 32nd birthday so we build him the computer of his dreams.  Here are the specs. https://www.wepc.com/builds/best-gaming-pc-under-800/

Today I finish Wool, by Hugh Howey, a book that got me hooked, a really good book.  Then I go back in time and re-read Persepolis Rising by James S.A. Corey, the 7th book in the Expanse series because I don't remember it.  Next week I start the 8th book, Tiamat's Wrath.

I think this will be a good way to end March and bring in April reading.  According to http://booklikes.com/ I've got 21 books read this year before finishing Wool and according to https://www.goodreads.com/ I'll have 43 when I finish Wool.  I counted a lot of "The Old Man's War" with Goodreads that didn't get counted on Booklikes, but no biggie

No comments:

Post a Comment