Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Wool (Omnibus Edition) by Hugh Howey, Books 1 - 5 of the Wool Series & book 1 of the Silo Series

This is a book I saw on a list of the "Best Science Fiction of the 21st Century" on Goodreads so I chose to read it blindly, without any idea what it was about.  I read the first chapter and it was really written okay, and then the second chapter made me think 'am I wasting my time reading this".  I think it was the third chapter that Hugh Howey took the key and threw it away, locking me into this book and making me not stop reading it.
I've never really read an apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic book and Howey really came out with a new way of life with something new and surprising around each corner.  Since this has been out for seven years I'm not really going to get into the book but I am going to say that I was entertained and happy that I read it.  I also listened to the audiobook by Minnie Goode, which is done the way I expect Juliette to sound. I read the Kindle in Motion, free for Kindle Prime members.  The pictures and motion really didn't make the book better but made it different.
I give this an 8 of 10.  I've got too many on my TBR list to get to the next book in this series, but I eventually will.

Wool (Omnibus Edition) by Hugh Howey
Books 1 - 5 of the Wool series & book 1 of the Silo series

No comments:

Post a Comment