Saturday, March 9, 2019

Silent Scream by Angela Marsons, Book 1 in the D.I. Kim Stone Series

I love a good series and I think the D.I.Kim Stone series will be some good reading.

Angela Marsons gives us Kim Stone, damaged from watching her little brother tortured to death by his mother and a product of foster homes and institutions for kids between foster homes, with a touch of Aspergers thrown in from judging her communication skills.  Also, as with most people with Aspergers Syndrom, there are no grey areas in her life so she wants to be the perfect cop or her definition of a perfect cop which is not the way her superiors see it.

In Silent Scream she must investigate a serial killer and while searching for clues she uncovers three bodies in shallow graves around a torched institution for girls unwanted by society.  Marson writes a very good book and for the first book in a series gets us to know who Kim Stone is, but leaves us wanting to know more about her.  Marsons does not bog us down with all the procedurals involved in being a D.I., leaving a lot of room for gut feelings and solving cases. I really enjoyed this and the second book is to be started tomorrow or the next.

Silent Scream by Angela Marsons
D. I. Kim Stone series, book 1

No comments:

Post a Comment