Sunday, May 5, 2019

God Touched by John Conroe, The Demon Accords Series, Book 1

After reading the two books in the series of 'Tales of Pell' narrated by Luke Daniels, I was really not enjoying the book.  After about 40% in it start coming in to be a good read.  I'm doing the audiobook at the same time just like the aforementioned series, but James Patrick Cronin's rendition of God Touched took me a while to get into it.  I don't want to say Luke is better or compare the two because these are two-way different types of books.  I bet Cronin could do his multiple characters in crazy voices just like Daniels, so I got over it.

God Touched was released back in 2010 and has been successful in Conroe's Demon Accord series.  The main protagonist is Christian Gordon, who has been a demon hunter for the last few years of his young life.  Now he has just passed his probational period with the NYPD and learns there are other supernatural things in life, like vampires, werewolves, werebears, wereweazils, and were-anything-carnivorous to go along with Demons.

Not much reason to really give a detailed review or throw spoilers in.  Like I said earlier it was released in 2009 and reviewed probably over 1000 times.

If you like Urban Fantasy, Vampires, Demons, were-whatevers, and other things supernatural with a light dash of romantics then you should enjoy this.

For me, this is a 7 of 10, really worth reading.

God Touched by John Conroe
The Demon Accords series, book 1

No comments:

Post a Comment