Sunday, July 7, 2019

Why I'm glad I Use Linux . . .

Microsoft Issues Warning For 50M Windows 10 Users
by Gordon Kelly Senior Contributor at Forbes.com

Between this and other problems like not backing up its registry, along with a host of other problems, see Chris Titus thank Microsoft for all the fish here.

Now that gaming is happening with Steam on Linux for most of you gamers, I don't play games so I don't use it, and a lot of programs are cloud-based, like Microsoft office, probably the only reason not to use Windows is the Adobe suites and yes, some games won't work on Linux.

Watch the Chris Titus video, he suggests using Linux or going to Apple.  Linux is not as hard as you think.  There are a handful of Linux distros out there for people switching from Windows to Linux.  Linux Mint, Zorin Linux, Pop!OS, even what I use, Manjaro XFCE can be used by newbies.  In the time that it takes you to update your Windows system you can watch youtube video's that show you how to customize your Linux of choice. 

Am I Window's free?  No, my wife wants us to buy the disk when it comes to tax programs, so I have to maintain Windows.  Also, the drive that has Windows on it has a protected partition so the build partition won't get erased.  I don't have the drive in my laptop that has Windows, but I have it and will put it back in when I don't want to use my computer because it will take all day to update my computer.

But whatever you do, switch, stay or buy an Apple, just do it on an OS that fits your needs, not an OS that doesn't match your needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment