Thursday, January 3, 2019

Super Dave: The Adventures of America's Most Dangerous Man

Yesterday we lost one of the most prolific writers of our time. Well if you asked him that he would tell you that.  Even if he wrote just one book.  Bob "Super Dave Osborne" Einstien died on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.  He was a writer of many TV shows going back to the '60s and of late writing for and playing a part in "Curb Your Enthusiasm.' I remember him mostly from the Johnny Carson Show where Super Dave would come out and then they would show a sketch of him getting blown up or something like that.

As of late, he would show up where I worked and when I would help him he would ask me if I knew a joke and I would tell him the best I could remember and then he would start chewing me out for wasting his time and telling me how crappy my delivery was and anything to humiliate me.  I loved it and he loved doing that to people.  I haven't heard how he died but I learned of his death from all the tributes to him. Super Dave Osborne finally did his last stunt.

And no, I did not read the book.



Super Dave: The Adventures of the World's Most Dangerous Man

 

No comments:

Post a Comment