Saturday, June 22, 2019

Finally, I've got My XFCE the way I like it.



After a couple of weeks fiddling around with Manjaro XFCE I've got it the way I like it. Now I want to try KDE again, without blowing it up like last time.  So I'm going to load another SSD in my notebook and load it over where I had my ArchLabs XFCE.  This time I"m going to get it where I want it and make an image of it so I can always have that setup and then load Dropbox.  After that, I'll erase my XFCE and reload it, just so I can make an iso copy of that set up too.  Hopefully when Amazon has their big sale in the middle of July I'll by my third SSD and make an ISO image of my Windows recovery partition and so I can have Windows on an SSD.  There's nothing terribly wrong with Windows, except for the updates taking a very long time to download and update.  Linux has got me spoiled.

If anybody wants to follow a good (okay great) news contributor follow Jason Evangelho, who is published online at Forbes and is on Twitter as @killyourfm.  Jason kicks out some really good Linux articles that I really enjoy.  I now have to go and see if the website he killed by mentioning them in one of his articles, "How To Test Drive 200+ Linux Distributions Without Ever Downloading Or Installing Them". 

No comments:

Post a Comment