Saturday, June 1, 2019

Dune Messiah by Frank Herbert

First I have to say this was a chore for me to read.  It was a decent enough book but most of it was plotting and politics and that became a little dry for me.  Then I let my mind start serving a couple of other masters of my downtime, watching movies over the holiday weekend and spending a couple of hours (like 20+ hours) playing with Arch Linux and getting some success, so now I'm gonna move to another distro.  It's called distro-hopping.

Back to the book. This is Herbert's followup to Dune, which was published in sections in a couple of magazines before released as a book.  It was not accepted kindly by book reviewers, and I think I would have enjoyed it better if I just had read it without interruptions.  I do have to say that the last quarter of the book was a lot better than all the plotting against Paul and the politics of both sides.  The last quarter made the book worth the read.

Now, I'm going to read something much lighter that won't boggle my mind quite as much as this Dune series.

For a rating, I give it a 5, sort of a meh.

Dune Messiah by Frank Herbert
Book 2 in the Dune Trilogy, one of the many books of Dune.

No comments:

Post a Comment